Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Paleo Nut Butter Cookies

I am a cook, not a baker or pastry chef, but as my cooking has evolved, I have less and less fears regarding baking and testing a recipe.  Since switching my way of eating to Paleo 2 short months ago, all I have wanted to do is cook and get even more creative.  I looked everywhere for a nut butter cookie recipe to give me that replacement for a peanut butter cookie done the old fashioned way.  None of them made me happy.  Texture issues, didn't satisfy the craving... I don't know they just didn't work for me.  I have been dreaming about these and playing around with them and the ratio's for a while.  I like fluffy, soft but slightly crumbly cookies.  I wanted to taste the nut butter... I wanted them to be salty and sweet... I wanted them to hold up if I wanted to drizzle them in chocolate or dip them in chocolate.  Anyway... my idea is done and these are making me one happy girl!

Paleo Nut Butter Cookies

Ingredients (yields 1 doz medium size cookies)

1/2 cup of Nut Butter (your choice, I used Almond)
1 egg (room temperature)
2 tablespoons honey
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 tablespoons coconut flour
1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
1/4 coconut oil (room temperature)
1 teaspoon baking soda

Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. 

Mix nut butter, egg and honey in a bowl or mixer.  Blend well!  In another bowl, mix together, salt, baking soda, coconut flour and shredded coconut. 

Slowly incorporate your dry ingredients into your wet ingredients to form a dough. 


Once your dough is ready, form balls of dough about the size of a golf ball and the then press down with 2 fingers so you have a medallion shape. 

Bake cookies for about 10 to 12 minutes, they should have a slight bit of brown around the edges.  Let cool on tray for about 10 mins they transfer to cooling rack until completely cool.

Enjoy!


2 comments:

  1. Made these last night - YUM :)! Thanks for the recipe!! Will definitely be making these again! -Emma :)

    ReplyDelete